22.7.09

My dad went to Germany last week. I was agak terralat, cos was kinda busy, and couldn't take leave to follow him.

My dad called when he got there.

"Biasanya ada orang jemput di frankfurt airport, kali ini kena naik train and tram sendiri pergi hotel. Nasib kau sudah banyak bagi training. Orang lain dalam rombongan kami kagum dgn dad yang pandai beli tiket train di machine". [Sila bayangkan my dad bercakap ini dgn loghat sabahnya, mungkin lebih feel]

I miss Germany. Mungkin kedengaran snobish or tidak bersyukur, kerana, kata orang hujan emas tempat orang, hujan batu tempat sendiri, baik lagi tempat sendiri.... aber.... kadang kadang rindu juga pada emas itu.

It has been 1 year since I came back. My mum asked me when she was in Penang last weekend, if I regretted coming back. Some part of me regrets it. No eating Eis during summer, menjelajah during holidays, naik ICE [owh.. sangat rindunya aku pada dbahn], having a white christmas.

But when I think back, I actually have achieved alot in my 1 year in Malaysia. I've got property in my name! I buy ticket raya. My family depends on me more [which is a good thing, instead of always being out of the loop]. I've got a fairly good paying job, which uses some knowledge of my struggles in Deutschland. There is an 85% chance I'd get to attend my school's batch 10th year reunion dinner [have never attended even 1]. And I made new friends. [And I get to occasionally kiss kitty]

So when I think more on the subject, I realise some people prosper with their periuk nasi abroad. Some have their's very near their kampung and are able to go back every weekend.

Mine is currently... here.

4 comments:

dillhanim said...

am having the same mixed feeling too..

btw, our 10th year reunion dah lepas daa.. too bad..

nanti kita buat 10th year reunion tanz_ahoy la pulak, nak tak?

yunik said...

it depends i guess, on what you are after in life, no?

btw, am going to your town nxt month! itu pon sangat eksited, gimana ya? hehe

neynarre said...

@ dill: ala... 10 years tanzahoy? syok jugak tuh... agak agak kalau aku masih single, toddler adam dah big enough tak untuk aku tackle?

@ yunik: eh dude, which town la tuh agaknya? dtg penang ke kk? if penang give me a call laa... if kk, I can give u short itirenary/itinenary/jadual waktu. heh

yunik said...

neyn, gi kk la of cos. u consider penang your town dah? apa barang penang? haha

mahu mahu! short itirenary/itinenary/jadual waktu itu! :D